“Linda has a very rare depth of training and understanding of the yoga tradition, intertwined with brilliant intellect, compassion, and altruism. These qualities make her the ideal yoga teacher — someone who “walks the walk” in every way, whose concern is solely with helping others to flower. She is a jewel.” — Kevin K.
When asked what style I teach, I can only say “mindful yoga.” I believe that Yoga is a vehicle for transformation and authentic Yoga is not just what you do on the mat but is a lifestyle.
T.K.V. Desikachar’s words are the cornerstone of my teaching: teach to people where they are and how they are and whatever happens, happens. I believe in the therapeutic benefits of yoga+breathwork+meditation properly applied to the individual.
My first OM was in 1973 with Beat Poet and Buddhist, Allen Ginsberg, and I now divide my time between home base in Batavia, Illinois and India. Registered with the Yoga Alliance as an E-RYT, Metta Yoga in an intuitive and eclectic practice based on the teachings of Sri Krishnamacharya. I am also deeply influenced by Erich Schiffmann and Mark Whitwell.
Email email@example.com or call 630.677.4501 to experience a breath-centered, heart-based practice.
- In 2012 began a 300 hour yoga therapy training with Dr. Ganesh Mohan, son of A.G. Mohan, one of Krishnamacharya’s longest-standing students. This yoga therapy program brings together the most effective aspects of traditional yoga and ayurveda combined with modern medicine.
- Certified to teach Trauma Sensitive Yoga by The Trauma Center, Brookline, Massachusetts. This training enables me to teach specialized yoga classes for people who have experienced trauma and/or those suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Have traveled to India yearly since 2005 to study at the prestigious Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram with TKV Desikachar presiding.
- Ongoing student of Srivatsa Ramaswami of Chennai, India who introduced me into the Vinyasa Krama method of Sri Krishnamacharya. Humbled and honored to be mentioned in the Acknowledgement of Sri Ramaswami’s book The Complete Book of Vinyasa Yoga as being one of the teachers who has “studied vinyasa yoga in depth with me” and who has “incorporated essentials of vinyasa krama into…teaching and practice even from Day 1.”
- One of the first yin yoga teachers in the Chicago area, completing multiple Yin Yoga teacher trainings with Sarah Powers and Paul Grilley, who told me, “I am very gratified to know you are presenting a broad view of yoga and sharing with people more of the philosophical and spiritual sides of yoga.“ It was an honor to introduce yin yoga to the Arusha, Tanzania yoga community in 2010.
- Completed the first Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Training at Spirit Rock Meditation Center. Studying with the world’s leading teachers of yoga and Buddhism, the training offered a solid experiential grounding in an integrated yoga and vipassana practice, as well as an in-depth exploration of the entwined history, philosophy, and techniques of classical yoga and Buddhism.
- Completed Levels 1 and 2 of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy training which I use in my energy work, a somatic healing modality deeply grounded in mindfulness practice.
- First certified to teach at Suddha Weixler’s Chicago Yoga Center.